Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 - This day 10 years ago

10 years ago, on September 11 2001, sitting in my living room in Champaign Illinois, arranging in an album the pictures of our trip to New York that year. I switched the TV on only to see the North Tower being attacked. My trembling hands held the picture of the Twin Towers. A picture taken from the statue of liberty. The very symbol of “Americas Soul and Spirit”. Awed at the sheer coincidence, overcome by the magnitude of 9/11, I never was able to share my experience with anyone other than my spouse.
Today I am letting it go as my TRIBUTE to every soul affected by this IMMENSE TRAGEDY.

Till this date, I am amazed at the timing of my placing the picture of the “Twin Towers” in the album while they were being attacked. The packet containing these pictures had been sitting in our cabinet for a month waiting to be arranged. ….........

1 comment: